From the advancement of mathematical theory and sociological understanding to the development of cleaner-burning fuels and novel electronic devices, research at Princeton aims to advance the frontiers of human knowledge and improve societal well-being.
The Dean for Research and the offices that report to the Dean are deeply committed to supporting the University's research community and enabling Princeton's scholars to do their best work. In particular, the University research administration is dedicated to:
- Helping researchers compete effectively for research funding and assisting with the establishment of new partnerships
- Providing resources to enable innovation and exploration of new concepts and ideas
- Enabling the transfer of Princeton discoveries to benefit society and protecting University intellectual property rights
- Setting policies and shaping the University’s research agenda
- Providing administrative management and subject-matter expertise to ensure that research is conducted in an ethical and responsible manner, and in compliance with applicable University policies and federal, state, and local regulations