Office Hours and Town Halls
Office Hours on Lab Re-Densification
Updated Nov. 2, 2020
Three sessions are available where PIs can ask questions about the change in density requirements for laboratory personnel. Click on a link to register for one of the following Zoom sessions:
- Office Hours with the Dean for Research on Lab Re-Densification – November 9th, 9:30 am – 10:30 am
- Office Hours with the Dean for Research on Lab Re-Densification – November 11th, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Office Hours with the Dean for Research on Lab Re-Densification – November 12th, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
On-campus undergraduate research: summer 2021
Mar. 15, 2021
On-campus undergraduate research will be significantly limited for summer 2021. The deadline to request access is April 6, 2021.
- On-campus access will be restricted to Princeton students in “continuous housing,” as well as rising seniors whose thesis research requires access to laboratories or other campus facilities, collections or research resources.
- Approval for on-campus thesis research will be contingent on endorsement by the student’s department.
- For Divisions III and IV, faculty members must complete the Senior Thesis Lab Access Form and a revised Research Laboratory Operations Plan (RLOP) by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
- For Divisions I and II, departments must submit a list of rising senior requiring in-person access to archival or special collections or other research resources through the Senior Thesis Research Access Form by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
Read the memo with full information here
Fall 2020 Town Hall
On September 30, Princeton held a Research Town Hall to answer questions about the phased resumption of on-campus laboratory research.
Dean for Research Pablo Debenedetti was joined by several panelists to discuss research during the Fall of 2020. He outlined the current status of research activities and results from the resumption of research survey, and invited panelists to provide updates on testing and other topics.
- Pablo Debenedetti, Dean for Research
- Bonnie Bassler, Chair, Department of Molecular Biology
- Tom Muir, Van Zandt Williams Jr. Class of 1965 Professor of Chemistry
- Robin Izzo, Executive Director, Environmental Health and Safety
- Irini Daskalaki, Physician, University Health Services
- Janet Finnie, Director, University Health Services
- Karla Ewalt, Associate Dean for Research