This financial management session includes information to assist you with the fiduciary responsibilities associated with sponsored research funding, including spending, effort reporting, managing the burn rate on your awards, and planning for the financial well-being of your projects over time. Financial management is a partnership between faculty, department grants managers, the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA) and Sponsored Research Accounting (SRA). This discussion session will introduce some key concepts and resources essential to avoid pitfalls, and strengthen the campus partnerships which will foster your success.
- The support network available to assist in financial management, including the role of the PI and Grants Manager
- Sponsor requirements and award-based financial decisions
- Financial tools and resources available
Zoom Virtual Event
When: Friday, February 11, 2022, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Where: Register for Zoom event
- Elizabeth Adams, Director, Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA)
- Maureen Thompson-Siegel, Sr. Grant and Contract Administrator, Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA)
- Sarah McGovern, Assistant Director, Center for Statistics and Machine Learning (SML)
- Glynis Sherard, Senior Associate Controller and Director, Sponsored Research Accounting (SRA)
- Matt Kotsovolos, Senior Associate Director, Sponsored Research Accounting (SRA)
- Hemachand Jaladi, Manager, Business Intelligence, Finance and Treasury (F & T)
Followed by discussion.
Presentation material (download as PDF)