This session will introduce faculty members to the services and people in the Office of the Dean for Research and other campus units whose mission is to connect faculty with funding. A roundtable discussion will cover various aspects of the funding process, including finding funding, developing proposals and building productive relationships with sponsors. Early career awards and nominations for honorific awards also will be discussed.
In addition, an orientation will be given to Princeton’s Research Funding Gateway, an online resource for faculty members, postdocs, graduate students and staff that includes opportunities for funding from government agencies, industry, private foundations and internal University sources.
- Extramural funding
- Intramural funding
- Finding funding opportunities
- Research proposal development and submission
- Developing a productive relationship with your grant manager
When: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Where: Julis Romo Rabinowitz, Room 217
Moderator: Coleen Burrus, Director, Corporate Engagement & Foundation Relations (CEFR)
- Leslie Schoop, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Michael Hodges, Associate Director, Corporate Engagement and Foundation Relations
- Kelly Freidenfelds, Senior Associate Director, Corporate Engagement and Foundation Relations
- Maureen Thompson-Siegel, Senior Grant and Contract Administrator, Office of Research and Project Administration
Followed by discussion.
Presentation material (download as .pdf)