This financial management session covers what you need to know about spending, effort reporting, managing the burn rate on your awards, and planning for the financial well-being of your projects over time. Financial management is a partnership between faculty, staff in the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA) and Sponsored Research Accounting (SRA), and department grants managers. This discussion session will introduce some key concepts and resources essential to avoid pitfalls, and strengthen the campus partnerships which will foster your success.
- Working with your grant manager
- Negotiating and accepting awards; subaward responsibilities
- Award terms, sponsor requirements and award-based financial decisions
- Financial tools and resources available
Zoom Virtual Event
When: Friday, December 4, 2020, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Where: Register for Zoom event
Moderator: Elizabeth Adams, Director, Office of Research and Project Administration
- Nathalie de Leon, Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering
- Kristen Seith, Shared Grants Manager, ORPA
- Glynis Sherard, Senior Associate Controller & Director of Sponsored Research Accounting
- Roger Weisenberg, Director of Financial Technology
Followed by discussion.
- Financial management presentation (download as .pdf)