In December 2020, the Dean for Research launched a Gateway for funding opportunities. This online resource will be available for faculty members, postdocs and graduate students seeking research funding from government agencies, industry, private foundations and internal University sources. This session will introduce faculty members to the Gateway and services and people whose mission is to connect faculty with funding.
In addition to a presentation on the Gateway, a roundtable discussion will cover various aspects of the funding process, including proposal development and building productive relationships with sponsors.
- Extramural funding
- Intramural funding
- Finding funding opportunities
- Alignment with sponsor interests
- Research proposal development and submission
- Getting to know the program officer
- Developing a productive relationship with your grant manager
Zoom Virtual Event
When: Friday, January 22, 2021, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Where: Register for Zoom event
Moderator: Coleen Burrus, Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations (CEFR)
- Mike Hodges, Associate Director for Foundation Relations (CEFR)
- Jennifer Speed, Research Development Strategist, Office of the Dean for Research
- Mary Sym, Research Development Strategist, Office of the Dean for Research
- Maureen Thompson-Siegel, Senior Grant and Contract Administrator, Research and Project Administration (ORPA)
Followed by discussion.
- Gateway Funding Opportunities presentation (download as .pdf)